From: openerp-expert-accounting-bounces+colin=publicus-solutions.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [openerp-expert-accounting-bounces+colin=publicus-solutions.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Rinnan [david@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 May 2011 13:14
To: openerp-expert-accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openerp-expert-accounting] VAT in manual bookings

I am sorry to bump this but I am a little bit desperate to find a solution. I am assuming that I am not the first person who have had this issue.

We have configured our taxes to work on products rather than accounts. This is great for supplier and customer invoices generated via the respective modules/forms.

However, once we want/need to make manual bookings (journal entires) it becomes a problem.

It could be a collection of various petty costs or supplier invoices that for some reason will be booked manually.
We list each cost entry and towards the end of the journal entry we add the VAT in one lump sum. The VAT amount will end up in the balance sheet correctly on the given account (in our case 2640) but it will not show up on the tax report.

Is there some way to make it so that the amounts forwarded to the account (2640 in our case) also ends up on the tax report without having to manually add tax code each time on the journal entry.

Regards
david

--
David Rinnan