From: openerp-expert-accounting-bounces+vadim=smartmode.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openerp-expert-accounting-bounces+vadim=smartmode.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Leonardo Pistone
Sent: 10 June 2011 14:59
To: openerp-expert-accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Openerp-expert-accounting] multiple taxes with the same tax.codes

Hi all,

First, I know I could report the following as a bug, but it applies to many/all of the localizations. And that looks to me like a big, general issue, so I'm discussing that here first.

The question is: is it bad to have many tax'es sharing the same tax.code's?

Use case: with a ultra-basic database, with the standard belgian stuff, make a new invoice with two lines. One with tax '21% merchandises' and the other with tax '21% services'. Compute taxes and... voilà. You only get one account.invoice.tax, which is wrong.

That happens because of

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/6.0/view/head:/account/invoice.py#L1610

There to decide whether we should make a new account_invoice_tax line, that code checks using as a key not the tax.id (which would seem reasonable) but a triple of the tax_code's annd the tax's account.

There could be other problems happening because of these tax'es with the same tax.code's, but I don't know.

So, I see two options:

1. we decide that all different tax'es should always have different tax.code's, and report bugs on all localizations modules that are not doing that (be, ch...).

2. we fix the code so that everything is fine leaving the vat charts as they are.

Thanks!

leo