Variation account on product

Dear all

I tried to use the Average Cost method on a product and got an Update button on the product form. First I don't understand why this button is appearing, according to me it should only appear with the Standard Price cost method as stated in the Logistics book (otherwise we cannot say that the Average Price
is automatically calculated)
Second I tried to use this button and it is writing san entry in a Stock journal to debit or credit the variation account
configured in the product form

If this button is creating such an entry I don't then understand why it is not appearing when the product is in Standar price

Does anyone knows how that is supposed to work ?

--
Très cordialement

Maurice MORETTI

TeMPO CONSULTING Valparc 9, rue du Parc  67205 Oberhausbergen FRANCE

Web   : http://www.tempo-consulting.fr
email : mm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel      : 33 (0)3 88 56 82 10
Fax      : 33 (0)3 88 56 46 64