Re: Banking Framework - What is the openERP position?

Dear James, Dear OpenERP accounting experts,

Thanks for pointing out the lack of official "banking" framework. On my side, I am ready to contribute on the support of SEPA XML files. I think that it's a shame that we do not have SEPA support in OpenERP today.

In fact, I developped back in my early days on OpenERP a prototype of SCT (SEPA Credit Transfer) file generator based on the account_banking framework. I have used it to make a few real-life wire transfers at Anevia with the CIC bank and it worked well. Anevia has all it's accounting in OpenERP (and the accout move lines are not duplicated in other system) since January 2009 (crazy, isn't it ?) and is one of the main "bug finder" of OpenERP's accounting. Anevia is multi-countries, multi-bank accounts in multiple currencies and Anevia's CFO has an Ubuntu desktop ! :-)

I have learnt a lot of SEPA SCT and I also found out that the account_banking framework doesn't do much on the generation of wire transfer files ; it provides more things for the import of bank statement (at least it was the case when I work on this in end 2010). But my lack of visibility on the future of the account_banking framework made me loose my motivation to finish my prototype. But, if there are initiative around SEPA for OpenERP, I would love to update my prototype and publish it.

Regards,

--
Alexis de Lattre
Akretion