Re: Generate Opening Entries

On 06/07/2012 09:49 PM, Laurie Chrostowski wrote:
Hello Accounting Experts,
I have a question regarding the wizard which generates opening entries during a fiscal year close process.
This is specifically related to customer receivable balances.
The Receivable account is set to reconcile (so the entries will be moved into the next fiscal year). For an example, we have a customer record with a balance of $2,522.78 at the end of 2011. After using the generate opening entries wizard the same partner has January entries for the outstanding items however this entries are "reconciled" and not being considered in the customer partner record's receiveable field. Have you experienced this issue? What have you done to resolve it if anything?

Hello Laurie and everybody,

maybe the account_fiscal_year_closing <http://apps.openerp.com/addon/6859> module can solve your problems. We are using that module (based on l10n_es_fiscal_year_closing <http://apps.openerp.com/addon/6617>) for both Italian and Swiss customers. On the Italian wiki <http://wiki.openerp-italia.org/doku.php/moduli/account_fiscal_year_closing> you can find a short guide (unfortunately in Italian :-) ).

Regards

--
Lorenzo Battistini        lorenzo.battistini@xxxxxxxxxxx
Via Pasture Genovesi, 16 - 6949 - Comano  -  Switzerland