Re: Openerp accounting constraints module -> ideas?

Hello,

I think you have reason in all ideas, because I've had many problems with the user because they made many mistakes, and I think OpenERP will should prevent this tipical mistakes. If can I help you in the develop of this module please, don't dude about tell me.

Best regards.

El 11/09/12 05:35, Albert Cervera i Areny escribió:

A Dimarts, 11 de setembre de 2012 11:46:23, Frédéric Clementi va escriure:

> Dear All,

> Our experience with accounting on OpenERP shown us that the system is,

> today, not trustable enough since it allows user to do many mistakes.

> So, at Camptocamp, we plan to create a module for (v5 and v6.1)

> adding constraints to Openerp accounting in the core source code ; we

> want, at the same time, to stick as much as possible to the standard so

> anyone will be able to install it on top of a standard configuration.

> In other word, our goal is to press on very few buttons...but, if possible,

> the right ones :)

> Here are the first set of ideas we have gathered :

> * Account :

> - For Openerp v5 only, forbid to modify the type to 'view' if journal

> entries have been already posted on this account.

> - Forbid to modify the code of an account if journal entries have been

> already posted on this account.

> * Reconcile

> - Forbid the reconciliation between move lines if partner is not the same.

> - Forbid partner name duplication -> can generate errors on reconcile

> - Force account with type 'recevable' or 'payable' to have a partner on

> journal entry

We implemented that in nan_account_extension, but used a new boolean field instead of rely on account type. The reason is that there are cases in which it is ok (at least in Spain) that you have a payable/receivable account with no partner (for example, for taxes).

> * Date/Period

> - Forbid the possibility to post a journal entry on the wrong fiscal year

> in the core of the source code.

> - Forbid the possibility to get date outside the periode : this flexibility

> given generates too many problems (ie: filters or journal entry posted on

> the wrong month or worst wrong year). This features already exists

> (checkbox in journal) -> we want to hide this option.

Agreed.

> * Fiscal year

> - Forbid the possibility to have more than 1 special period (=opening

> period)

> - This special period must be one day only

> - This special period must be on the very first day of the fy

In Spain, the latter is not true because there are 3 special periods: Opening but also P&L and Closing. In fact, even if you can manage to work with it, the whole period structure doesn't match very well Spanish needs.

--

Albert Cervera i Areny

http://www.NaN-tic.com

Tel: +34 93 553 18 03