Re: Openerp accounting constraints module -> ideas?

Peter Langenberg (Agaplan Belgium)

2012/9/11 James Jesudason <james.jesudason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I agree that this is necessary, and the lack of validation has led to
> a lack of confidence in OpenERP as a reliable accounting system. I've
> added some additional comments below:
>
> On 11 September 2012 10:46, Frédéric Clementi
> <frederic.clementi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Our experience with accounting on OpenERP shown us that the system is,
> > today, not trustable enough since it allows user to do many mistakes.
>
> Agreed - this has been confirmed by our Finance team using OpenERP.
>

> > * Account :
> > - Forbid to modify the code of an account if journal entries have been
> > already posted on this account.
>
> I don't understand this. Does that mean that you cannot restructure
> the chart of accounts after journal entries has been posted to an
> account? That doesn't make sense to me.

I think for legal reasons it's absolutely necessary that you cannot change
an account code when journal entries have been posted. It's possible that
there are already printed journals - balances and so on and then you just
change the account code.

For accounting you just have to create a new account and put the old one to
zero by miscellaneous journal.

> > * Reconcile
> > - Force account with type 'recevable' or 'payable' to have a partner on
> > journal entry
> >
> This is something that our Finance team has asked for as well

Peter Langenberg (Belgium) : Agree.

> > * Date/Period
> > - Forbid the possibility to post a journal entry on the wrong fiscal
> year in
> > the core of the source code.
> > - Forbid the possibility to get date outside the periode : this
> flexibility
> > given generates too many problems (ie: filters or journal entry posted on
> > the wrong month or worst  wrong year). This features already exists
> > (checkbox in journal) -> we want to hide this option.
> >

> Agreed

Peter Langenberg (Belgium) : Agree 100 %