Anglo-saxon accounting and average price

Hello folks,

I have a question related to anglo-saxon accounting with price
differences and average price.

This is related to the following bug report
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1154190 (demo video
attached)

In the current scenario when we have have account_anglo_saxon module
installed in the db and create a product with the following configuration:

Product Type: Stockable Product
Costing Method: Average Price
Inventory Valuation: Real Time (automated)
Assign product category: All Products
Modify product category All Products to make sure you have an account
specified for each category (including Price Difference)

Now When I Create first purchase order for this product, quantity 10 and
Unit Price 10, select Invoicing Control: Based on incoming shipments, I
process the order, create an invoice and validate it.
I create another purchase order for this same product also with quantity
10 but this time Unit Price is 15. Again, select Invoice Based on
incoming shipments, I process and I validate the invoice..

We observe that the first journal entry of the invoice is normal, but
the second invoice journal entry has another entry in the Price
difference account.

On the completion of the first PO with quantity 10 with a unit price of
10, the product price will be 10. When we complete second PO at the unit
cost of 15 with 10 qty, the total purchase will be 150.
After the reception for the second PO, the system will update the
product price as (100+150)/20=12.50. There is a difference between the
product price and the purchase price of 15 - 12.50 = 2.50. In the
purchase journal we have an accounting entry for the price difference
account of 25.

This is the current behavior of account_anglo_saxon module in OpenERP.
My question is, Is this correct ? The perso who reported this believes
there should not have any price difference.

I need your views to understand more on Anglo Saxon Accounting in terms
of price difference calculation and current behaviour of this module.

Thank you in advance

--
Martin Trigaux
OpenERP Enterprise Services

Join us at the OpenERP Open Days 2013, July 1-5 in Brussels, Belgium

OpenERP sa
Chaussée de Namur, 40
1367 Grand-Rosière
Tel: +32 81 81 37 00