Re: Tax amount improvement proposal

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 09:10:39AM +0100, Frédéric Clementi wrote:
> I would like to have the comunity opinion on the tax amount.
>
> This field, in account.move.line, is a pain in the ass for year in my view.
>
> Why? because it is not calculated so it can lead to a completely wrong tax
> report (which is in 99% the VAT form equivalent)

I agree it is annoying when it ends up with the wrong value for a
standard VAT report.

> Now, my pin point question :
>
> Do you guys, in your country, see any use cases where the tax amount can be
> different from the debit credit amount of the move line ?

I have a use case:

For VAT returns to EU countries in a different currency. For example,
when buying goods or services from an EU country where the VAT must be
reclaimed. In this case the tax amount needs to be the amount_currency,
not debit or credit. This this functionality does not actually exist but
we are working on a module to do this for one of our customers.

Chris