Re: About Prepayment in ecommerce workflow

n 11/18/2013 05:01 PM, Frédéric Clementi wrote:
Hello guys,

2 comments on this :
1 - About Prepayment booking : Alexis Delattre did a great job here : lp:~akretion-team/account-closing/70-cutoff-modules. These modules adds dates (start/end) on invoice lines and compute/generate automatic cut-off entries (year-end or month-end). This also includes prepayements of course. And it works for continental accounting and anglo-saxon accounting.... so totally generic. The MP is under review and hope fully should be included into the account-closing community branch. 2 - E-commerce prepayment by credit/debit card is something totally different. Nothing to do with cut-off bookings. At Camptocamp we handle this through our connector (http://openerp-connector.com/) which make things easy to set. But in the end, we can handle any e-commerce payment method (cards, cheque, cash, multi-payment...) without specific workflow. Ex. : A credit card payment can generate a sale order with manual invoicing and invoice generated after delevery. So when the invoice is generated, the accounting booking is posted and through the connector we can decide if we generate immediately a payment accounting entry. If we so so, the invoice is paid (workflow) but we use an intermediate account for payment instead of a bank account.
That is my problem today. Those modules are great but rely on the default AR account which is incorrect in my opinion. This is not a technical issue (actually Guewen answered perfectly the technical question) but an accounting/SOP issue

Conclusion 2 different topics.

Cordialement,*

*
*camptocamp*