Re: account_constraints check date in fiscal year

Hi Luc and others

As a professional accountant (ACA/CMA/CPA) and a developer/designer/analyst, I wholeheartedly concur with the plea not to limit the ability to post invoices/expenses to prior periods.

In fact, when reviewing software I would deprecate products that did not allow this to happen.

When designing ledger systems from scratch, I always allow for classes of transaction, to allow for current periods, prior periods, company depreciation, tax depreciation etc., it does simplify life. To create proper accounting reports one needs to be able to assign transactions to current period / last period / previous period in order to produce comparatives for reports involving fund flows.

Regards

Robin St.Clair