Re: We NEED modules documentation

Hi Cloves,

On 12/09/2009 05:42 PM, Cloves Almeida wrote:
> Simone,
>
> since small changes are usually better then large changes, from your
> draft specification, why not focus on the README.txt?
agree :)

> At least, it should contain:
> - name of the module
> - the purpose of the module
> - the author/maintainers
> - the framework capability it provides,
> - the new processes it implements,
> - the existing processes it changes,
> - the vertical implementation if applicable

Ok, and as I mentioned in the draft [1]
I would add:
- steps to get started
- it must contain the url of the official repository;
- it may also points out some fundamental known issues or bugs or at
least a link to the proper page;

> It might be out of the scope of this discussion, but it would be very
> helpful when talking about business processes, to specify the process in
> human language or diagram. I really believe this "process orientation"
> when documenting modules is good since both business people and
> developers understand about processes.

True, but probably for such a goal it may be better to follow the way
pointed out by Albert [2].

Nevertheless the use of *.txt files could be a first step forward, since
I don't think the adoption of DocBook-like docs can be achieved as soon
as we need docs...which means *now*! :)

[1]
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASJ1qTbr6NdMZG1oanhkN18wY3BncnJ0ZnE&hl=en
[2] https://lists.launchpad.net/openerp-expert-framework/msg00032.html

--
Simone Orsi              simone.orsi<at>domsense.com
Via Alliaudi, 19 - 10064  -  Pinerolo (TO)  -  Italy