Re: User's documentation

A Dimarts, 15 de desembre de 2009, Cloves Almeida va escriure:
> My 2c:
>
> Developers know and like stuff like wiki, code comments and READMEs.
> With discipline, these should be enough. With no discipline, no system
> will work.
>
> Business people and Developers all understand process/workflows - it's
> business lingua franca. Almost everyone understand a flowchart, they are
> easy to build and, if well done, makes terrific specifications. I advise
> everyone to learn BPMN
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Process_Modeling_Notation).
>
> The business documentation would be describing a process step. Eg.:
> imagine the "Choose shipping and invoicing method" step in "Encoding a
> sales order" process. You could write a description detailing each
> option, what it does and the description. The field popup could link
> where in the process the field is used, set or evaluated. Much could be
> automated.

I fully agree with Cloves. For me the conclusion is that the new documentation
framework should be used to solve "User" and "Company", but won't probably be
used for developers doc.

I think what we need now is to create a basic documetation system that just
works. We could later add many improvements as the one suggested by Cloves.
Another easy to implement idea would be to add a <workflow
name="workflow_name"/> tag that would automatically render an image with the
given workflow, for example.