Re: B2B message based integration

Hello,

maturing OpenERP to use asynch message bus is interesting indeed, especially
for multi-company and/or larger companies which will be used to J2EE ESB's.
I didn't look into details about what you and Cloves did, but I let you know
that Tiny did a parallel effort with the Twisted Python asyn messaging
system. Here is the work of Stephane Wirtel:
https://code.launchpad.net/~stephane-openerp/openobject-server/twisted
In any case, I hope you can join efforts rather than double work on those
issues.

I think this is also a place where a total or partial (eg in redundancy with
a CPython instance) usage of OpenERP on Jython would shine as the Java
platform has plenty of valuable and mature ESB systems generally built upon
the JMS protocol.

Finally, may be something that could be used as a rule engine to trigger an
anych message emission could be the "SARTRE" rule module by Smile in extra
addons now (currently use to trigger alerts and standard server actions).
Then message emission would be a regular server action triggered by that
rule engine upon given conditions. Not sure, but something to investigate
may be. Would also be nice to have the reverse: a rule engine that know how
to analyse the message queue en trigger a given server action if the message
matches a given condition, may be similar to what the Smile SARTRE module
does. Again not sure.

All right, good luck with this one...

Raphaël Valyi
http://www.akretion.com