Re: Rép : why Tiny cannot make an OERPScenario clone, so please just use it!

Hi,

I fully agree with Nicolas I though the debate over...

First, let me say I just commit the test case Olivier try to make and it works perfectly !

We just write a full docs (here for now, soon on doc.openerp.com) : http://dev.camptocamp.com/files/OERPScenario/documentation.pdf

> - Creating a res.partner.address object using ResPartnerAddress.create()
> or save() does not seem to work, because it calls the strange 'allowed!'
> methods on the res.partner.address object via XMLRPC. I could not find a
> workaround for this.

I never ever have this problem... Have a look on the last commit :

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/oerpscenario/OERPScenario/revision/103

> - Modifying a ResPartner instance and then saving it does not seem to
> work either (see my example on piratepad). This seems to trigger a write
> on all fields of the object, including the relationship fields, which
> does not work (a.o.: passes an array of arrays instead of tuples).

Once again, have a look in the last commit... Everything is working fine, so please, ask to know
how to do things properly before saying to everyone : It's not working...

Well, I know we have different point of view for this testing tools. What I think is
your testing suite is more for your own purpose. You are the editors and you have your own
needs.

We, as partner and integrator, have different need like all others partners. Our tools will respond
to those needs, may be not yours...

See you in the partner days,

Joël

Le 18 mars 2010 à 09:17, Nicolas Bessi a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> The debate was already made, and I think it is not useful to do it again.
> The conclusion is clear BDD is a must have for OpenERP, and we will have two system, that will have different orientation advantage and disadvantage (The two approaches will be presented in the community days).
>
> My point here is stop loosing energy to do vain comparisons, but invest it on providing the best test suite possible. We all have the same focus, and do our business on the same product.
>
> I will provide tests for each solutions, depending of the situation and functionality.
>
> What I'm waiting for Tiny/OpenERP SA is to propose of complete documentation on how to write test, organize them, how to do testing that is cross feature and module or configuration dependent, how doing test factorization,
> in short professional testing guidelines.  Because YAML or XML it doesnt matter. The main reason we do not provide test as because we didn't know how to do it.
>

> Regards
>
> Nicolas.

> Camptocamp SA
> Senior ERP consultant