Re: RFC: ORM, support for merging records

Il giorno lun, 05/04/2010 alle 18.29 +0200, P. Christeas ha scritto:
> If that's ok with everybody, I think I could start a draft implementation of
> the feature at ORM level and ask you again about your opinion.

I think one of the reasons why we don't have a "merge" method is because
of the merge-by-[...] problem.

Take PO merge wizard for example, it merges POs by partner and product,
but all of our clients always want to merge them by partner, product and
planned date.
That planned date could be the default or computed one depending on the
client needs.
The same is for invoices and so one...

But i believe we can draft something which can take those keys as
parameters as well as we can override the default method if needed.

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com