Re: float errors propagating to 10^-2 in OpenERP v5...

Hello,

I'm thinking differently about this issue.
For me, the problem is not "how much is the error on floating calculation"
because we know that a rounding error is a difference of 1 on the last
digit, I mean 1.01 $ instead of 1.00

I think the question is how often this small error results in a rounding
error.

let's take this example which a three digit precision :
python :
1.0-(1.0-0.001/2)+0.1 =0.100 while the correct answer 0.101

funny thing is that this
1.0+0.1-(1.0-0.001/2) = 0.101 results in the correct correct answer.

You can make this calculation 1000 times, you'll get 1000 rounding errors,
ie 10$  ;-)
If a customer never uses 10% value, which is known as toxic for binary
computing, then he may hope get everything correct ?

Thank you for your comments.
regards