Re: float errors propagating to 10^-2 in OpenERP v5...

Hello,

I read different alarming comments and I'd like to point out a few points.

- We know some roundings can be wrong. I'm surprised a customer had to dubble calculate and correct with 0.01 lines. In many case this error should remain undetected.

- Are we sure the reason of this was rounding error as we describe it today ? I mean a difference between binary float and decimal leading to wrong rounding ? There are many other bugs around.

- This error alone is not supposed to result in debit != credit in most of the cases.

- I gave an exemple where two similar but different binary float calculations lead to x != x, thus a potential debit != credit, but this may never happen in openerp (probably by chance), we should check this point first.

My last point is that we live with it since 2006, and I feel more concerned about V4 and V5 systems used in production than about V6 prototype.

IMHO, if some improvement is to be done, the priority would be V5. Delaying V6 to solve something we don't feel mandatory in today V5 stable-production version makes no sens to me. So, I wouldn't postpone V6 for this reason and would prefer a decision on V5.

regards