Re: New documentation module released

A Divendres, 27 d'agost de 2010, Albert Cervera i Areny va escriure:
> We have just published the new documentation module that was discussed some
> months ago in this list. Things have evolved quite a bit from my original
> idea of using docbook, but I think we got something that is good for
> everyone.
>
> The system uses sphinx, it can generate HTML and PDF documentation on a
> per- user basis, can create screenshots automatically, allows linking to
> the docs from fields, views and menu entries in the application, it's easy
> to translate by using .po files and it is extensible.
>
> The module can be found in extra-addons/5.0 and is called, well..
> 'documentation'. I have just made a blog post explaining what are the
> issues the module solves [1] and expect to have documentation, screenshots
> and examples of how it works by Monday. Will notify the list by then.
>
> I know some have already started looking at it and we're open to your
> feedback. We think this should become the documentation framework of
> OpenERP and we hope openerp sa will take a look at it and join the effort.
>
> [1] http://ves.cat/ai5r

I have just published the post I mentioned [1]. It's a bit long, but hopefully
it provides a good overview of what you can expect of it. Even if it's in
Spanish, I attach a modules directory you can copy to 'documentation/doc' to
see how things feel with 'real' documentation. The zip is 1 Mb because it
contains images, but I wanted to show you how they can be added too.

Again, comments are welcomed.

[1] http://ves.cat/ai6P

--
Albert Cervera i Areny