Re: order#company_id field in OpenERP v6, redundant data?

Le 21/09/10 16:52, Raphaël Valyi a écrit :
As part of the native multi-companies support, in OpenERP v6, the
sale.order object now has a company_id field.
The trouble is that this is somewhat redundant with the existing
mandatory shop_id field which also determine a company_id field (a shop
belongs to a company).

As far as I can see [revno 4958] the company_id on the sale.order *is* a related field (in this case a /stored/ read-only copy of the shop's company).

I'm asking that while I try to provide a proper patch for
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/626861 (even worse: the company for the
subsequent picking/invoice is taken
from the currently logged user in context no matter what the two other
company_id fields are; similar issues may exist at other places)
as I'm testing the v6 multi-companies features for a customer.

Again, as far as I can see [revno 4958] the line you refer to (in your bug description) is only used to determine the security lead time to consider when scheduling the new picking. Using the sale.order's company would make sense too. The picking's company is correctly taken from the order. We could even argue that it should be taken from the source stock location instead (since this is a outgoing shipment), but this will be the same as the order's company due to the way the source location is determined.

In any case we are in the process of reviewing this kind of business rules during the preparation of v6, so any testing of multi-company features is always welcome!

I hope this helps (but I hope we're reading the same code base)...