Re: Web addons controller and static folders

Hi,

On 01/10/2012 09:01 AM, Nicolas Bessi wrote:
Hello,

Webclient and trunk are going quite well.

There is some new thinks that appear in module like a controller and static folder, there is also the possibility to have web addons.
It will be nice nice to have some doc and best practices guide.

How should web addons/view be distributed or includes in modules. What should be put in static and controller folder when should we use a controller or a web view addons.
How will all this be updated.

If someone has some clues it would be nice

I can tell you something for sure: the "static" folder must be there even if you don't need it, otherwise your module won't be loaded at all :S

(see http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openerp-web/trunk/view/head:/addons/web/common/http.py#L487)

Also, note that there's an helloworld module into http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openerp-web/trunk/files/head:/addons/web_hello/

which unfortunately does not give much informations.

And, if you are looking for a way to override JS functions... so am I :)

See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8817467/openerp-web-client-6-1-how-to-override-base-javascript-functions

Cheers