Re: How to change the login process

On 02/04/12 16:15, zaki1029 wrote:
Hi Team,

Recently I'm developing some e-business portal and use openerp as the
backend management tool.
I would like to know if there's anyway that we could change the login
process of OpenERP.
By default, OpenERP system will let you choose a database instance and
input your user name and password. But in some integration cases, user
will access openerp by clicking certain link or button from another
website. So the process will like this:
1. One user click button from other web application
2. Session and user info will be passed to openerp
3. OpenERP will let this user login to the system automatically. (No
authentication form appeared)

Is it possible for us to carry out this kind of business scenario by
changing the web/common/session.py file?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. :)

Regards
Sage

You could take a look at module "auth_openid" which implements the openid authentication protocol. Even if the login page is still there, and there's some openid stuff you can skip, reading the few lines of code of this module helps to understand what needs to be done to implement any other authentication protocol in a clean fashion (ie: in a module).

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Valentin LAB