selection field management and workflow management in the new api

Hi,

It's planned to allow a easier way to add(and remove?) new entry in a
field of the type selection(useful for adding new state through
inheritance) with the new API?

For the workflow API, I think that it will simplify the workflow design
and maintenance and improve the readability of a workflow in a xml
editor to add a kind of pre and post function which can be defined in
the properties of an activity.

Some time we need to do some process before and after an activity. The
only way to do it is to create some dummy and useless activity that just
increase the heavyness of a workflow.

Something like <field name="preprocess">prefunction()</field> and <field
name="postprocess">postfunction()</field>

Some use of the preprocess function could be validation of the given
data or precomputation. For the post process, I see things like logging,
history, notification, batch processing registration, call to other
systems, delta files creation, etc...

Kind regards,
Houssine
--