forbid the installation of incompatible modules

Hello everyone,

I'm coding a module which is similar in purpose to product_margin but
works with a very different flow, which makes it meaningless to have
both modules installed at the same time on a given instance. Is there a
way of forbidding the installation of one of the two modules if the
other one is already there, such as the Conflicts: field in a Debian
package? This would mean that I'm able to use some of the nicely named
columns from product_margin in my module.

Thanks for your feedback,

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Chef de Projet