Re: Clean db layer and put everything in db package

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Ovnicraft <ovnicraft@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, in this big changes and improvements around OpenERP i consider the
> chance to move all sql|db methods in one package.
>
> I wrote the changes for this and make a proposal[1] to merge it was update
> ar revno 4440.
>
> Reason to clean this layer:
>
> * If everything around DB is in one place we can improve ORM.
> * Chance to extends functionalities: implement psycopg2 extension can help
> us to improve system: hstore for example.
> * OpenERP v7.0 and still dirty hacks around db methods.
>
> You can check the code now in trunk now and we get one thing in sql_db
> another in tools/misc, etc.
>
> There are many things from PG we can use but is really hard now.
> My intention comes to get the *all* the power from PG to OpenERP, i am
> thinking in create modules around replication, better backup system,
> monitor status OpenERP gives now the chance to think in many options.

Hello i recently fix two imports from pooler, and here i found some issues
with *import pooler*

There are many places in addons using:

import pooler, specifically, in detail: https://gist.github.com/3747697

So i will to fix addons and propose to merge too.

News coming soon around.

Wait for your feedback !

Regards,

--