Re: handling deprecations in the source code of OpenERP

On mer. 19 sept. 2012 15:34:46 CEST, Nhomar Hernández wrote:
> Hello.
>
> IMHO, in programming time i want all Warnings be shown, and the runbot
> is the correct place, my professional degree is not programmer, i love
> programming but some concepts are dificult to me some time.
>
> Look, i dont know if this is bad or good, but if you run OpenERP with:
>
> debug_mode = True
> log_level = debug
>
> This kind of warnings appear.
>
> 2012-09-19 13:11:40,560 22577 DEBUG ? openerp.osv.fields:
> required=True is deprecated: making a float field `required` has no
> effect, as NULL values are automatically turned into 0.0.
>
> This shouldn't be shown on runbot?
>
> IMHO, silently pass anything is not convenient, i with a simple [
> rgrep required | grep "fields\.float" ] can repair all this debug
> stuff, and help to openerp to be better, but, the main problem, is
> with my team, is really difficult ask for wuality when the base
> framework have this quantity of issues, but if i make this and expect
> 2 month for merge proposal be done, i will broke a lot of things.

on this very point, a key advantage of using the warnings framework is
that you get information in the warnings message about where the
deprecated code is being used (filename and line number), which saves
grepping.

In this regard, the warning about required field.float has disappeared
in trunk, but you still get it for boolean fields.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Chef de Projet

Camptocamp France SAS