OpenERP module dependencies, still no chance for v7.0

Dear framework experts,

I should say at Akretion we tried it very hard to improve the situation of
modules dependencies to be able at least to specify minimal required
versions or branches (many modules cannot be considered stable and are
maturing on branches instead).
Well I should say that OpenERP SA seems to believe the world clock revolves
around its un-predictible yearly release and that as soon as some day some
OpenERP version is suddenly declared stable, then suddenly all community
modules could be frozen in some blessed OpenERP serie branch...

Unfortunately I'm sure you known that modules evolve at their own peace,
that you will not take the risk (or do the offence) of totally refactor
some pseudo stable module just because you want to improve it a bit for
your new project, so what you need is a feature branch until it can
eventually be considered stable and better for all.
As for creating new module names over and over, well you largely loose the
Source Code Management tooling to compare the code evolution and create a
real hell in the ir_model_data as I'm sure you already know what I mean.

Well the debate has been going on in this merge proposal I had no time to
highlight before:
https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/openobject-server/trunk-extra-depdencies-info/+merge/114172

As you can read, I wasn't proposing to OpenERP to smoke its (our?) money
re-inventing a dependency management tool again. No, I was just asking a 5
lines patch to be able to specifify additional dependency information such
as minimal version or even branch in the "depends" key of the
__openerp__.py meta description files at least. At least developpers could
manually easily figure out the right versions, the right branches and
possibly tooling would appear then (probably exporting OpenERP modules in
standard module formats such as .egg or any other module system).

Well of course we can still add our own key to manage it. But I'm just sad
OpenERP SA didn't understand that need. Look at the Magentoerpconnect
mailing list, the most frequent error is people installing the wrong
versions, same thing here for our Brazilian localization... It's just sad
and naive.

Today Fabien was claiming integration will be made easier in OpenERP v7.
Well excuse me, but that kind of decision goes exactly the opposite way
IMHO.

Regards

--
Raphaël Valyi