Re: Making our way out from the bloated extra-addons repository

Dear community,

First of all, thank you Anthony for pointing this up ! I just tested it and it just work like a charm :)

I may be give some more detailed informations about the procedure I've just tested:

1) Let's install the fasti-import Bazaar plugin by copying it into ~.bazaar/plugins/ (see https://launchpad.net/bzr-fastimport)

2) Take a branch you want to extract one folder from, here I took : bzr branch lp:c2c-addons/6.1 c2c-addons-61

3) Export all history into the stream : bzr fast-export c2c-addons-61 > test.fi

4) Filter the folder you wanna extract from, here analytic_hours_block, into another stream : bzr fast-import-filter -i analytic_hours_block test.fi > subfolder.fi

5) Make a new folder and init it with bazaar: mkdir my_new_branch; cd my_new_branch; bzr init .

6) Import all the history from the filtered stream : bzr fast-import ../subfolder.fi

Note there are quite lots of options with bzr fast-import-filter, you can exclude folder instead of including one, as well as including more than one folder like:

bzr fast-import-filter -i analytic_department/ -i analytic_hours_block/ test.fi > subfolder.fi

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Joël

--