Re: Making our way out from the bloated extra-addons repository

Dear community,

Some feed-back summary after investigation:

Le 2 nov. 2012 à 09:26, Joël Grand-Guillaume <joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> 2) Take a branch you want to extract one folder from, here I took : bzr branch lp:c2c-addons/6.1 c2c-addons-61
>
> 3) Export all history into the stream : bzr fast-export c2c-addons-61 > test.fi
>
> 4) Filter the folder you wanna extract from, here analytic_hours_block, into another stream : bzr fast-import-filter -i analytic_hours_block test.fi > subfolder.fi
>
> 5) Make a new folder and init it with bazaar: mkdir my_new_branch; cd my_new_branch; bzr init .
>
> 6) Import all the history from the filtered stream : bzr fast-import ../subfolder.fi
>
> Note there are quite lots of options with bzr fast-import-filter, you can exclude folder instead of including one, as well as including more than one folder like:
>
> bzr fast-import-filter -i analytic_department/ -i analytic_hours_block/ test.fi > subfolder.fi

At this stage, it could still remains some missing commit (I try to figure out why, but did not succeed yet..). To ensure you don't miss something, at the end, make a diff between the folder you've extracted and commit the remaining differences in one single last commit. Based on what I've saw, > 80-90 % of the commit are taken perfectly and we miss the rest... Seems better than having zero history.

Regards,

Joël

--

Joël Grand-Guillaume