Re: New Community Organization for OpenERP

On 11/16/2012 04:41 PM, Joël Grand-Guillaume wrote:
Dear Community,

We recently talked about joining our efforts to develop new OpenERP modules.
For that purpose, we decided to create on Launchpad new projects sorted by
topic with new teams to manage them.

Excellent work, thanks a lot to all those involved in this painful but necessary process!

Note that there is still missing documentation in the official OpenERP doc
on all of the following branches: https://code.launchpad.net/openobject-doc
Should anyone want to take time to add this information, it would be greatly
appreciated as I’m running out of time to organize and manage this
transition...

I did a rough copy/paste of your mail in the following two sections of the current contributor documentation, as suggested:

http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/contribute/02_working_in_teams.html#community-contrinutor-teams
http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/contribute/05_developing_modules.html#community-addons

I tried to remove the really archaic stuff[1] and do some housekeeping in the process, but that part of the documentation is certainly looking for some love, if anyone feels like it.

Have a nice week-end!

[1] see my commit http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-doc/6.1/revision/1818