Re: Web widget for Editable Tree views barely usable in trunk

Shooting a bug when you encounter it, big dumps like this one are much
harder to trawl through and report progress status on. A short video
record is usually greatly appreciated for UI-based issues as — as noted
above — it may provide information about your baseline assumptions to
the triage teams, assumptions which they themselves may not usually
make.

Thank you for the quick answer. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feeling.

You seem to take this case as a normal bug case, but it's not like one sole bug: there are around dozen of inconsistencies and bugs all around (did you check the video ?). And I have much more I didn't show on the video. This is overwhelming and I won't do a report for each bug because they are all inter-related, and there are just too many everywhere.

This gives the impression I'm crash-testing OpenERP. Not the beta-tests, but the pre-alpha tests, these tests that are often (would I dare say 'normaly') done before commiting in other project. I know this comment sounds harsh, but it's my impression. At that pre-commit stage it is perfectly normal to have a bunch of things to perfect here and there. I don't feel that launchpad bug reports are really adapted to report those bunch of pre-commit test result.

I would be happy to give you more time with a live screencast (ie on teamviewer) with skype or hangout on a big tour on this widget flaws and bugs, because I couldn't put them all on the video nor the bug report... (if this proposition seats you, my email, skype name, and phone number are all in the signature of this mail.)

Finding bug in this is as easy as having to work with it. Try these simple tasks: - To create a new line with similar values than a previous line (this involves copy pasting values from the other line, and force you switch line...). - add a prefix to 5 cells in a row (in first column and next try with second column). (this involves displacement between lines). - Create lines with content coming from another application (involves switching out of the browser while editing a line).

Do not stick to only one given view. But check that it works when widget is included as a part of a form view... etc...

I would love to see a session of usability testing on this widget.

Anyway, thanks for reading and writing a potentialy great product !

--
Valentin LAB
Ingénieur Développement

skype: vaab69