*From:* openerp-community-bounces+rcarnes=
ursainfosystems.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
openerp-community-bounces+rcarnes=ursainfosystems.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Mario Arias
*Sent:* Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:41 AM
*To:* Serpent Consulting Services
*Cc:* Openerp Expert Framework; David Rider; openerp-community
*Subject:* Re: [Openerp-community] OpenERP : Timezone Glitch!!!

At least for date fields, consensus was that system should record the date
as seen by the user creating the record, using the new "context_today"
method...

http://openerp-expert-framework.71550.n3.nabble.com/Bug-925361-Re-6-1-date-values-that-are-initialized-as-defaults-may-appear-as-quot-off-by-one-day-quoe-td3741270.html

That is, if someone on India creates an invoice on 1/10/2013 at 8am his
time, someone in America (12 hours behind in time zone) will see in that
moment the invoice as created in the future...  and that is good and
expected...

Problem is that most addons are still missing this fix.  You can check bug
report   https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1073022

This fixed problem for invoices, but only on trunk...  If someone with OPW
could help to get it on release branches that would be great!!

Regards,

-Mario

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Serpent Consulting Services <