Re: [Openerp-community] OpenERP : Timezone Glitch!!!

Mario,

Thanks for the insights!

I believe fields.date.context_today does not do the trick as its only for
defaults.

Imagine a situation when I import my fingerprint scanner made CSV directly
into openerp!

If this is a common issues, we should get this fixed on each stable release
DISREGARD to OPW.

Thanks.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Ray Carnes <rcarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> If someone with OPW could help to get it on release branches that would be
> great!!
>

> You don’t find the warranty valuable?  Unlimited bug fixes?  We don’t have
> a single customer who hasn’t bought it.
>

> Ray.
>

> *From:* openerp-community-bounces+rcarnes=
> ursainfosystems.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
> openerp-community-bounces+rcarnes=ursainfosystems.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> *On Behalf Of *Mario Arias
> *Sent:* Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:41 AM
> *To:* Serpent Consulting Services
> *Cc:* Openerp Expert Framework; David Rider; openerp-community
> *Subject:* Re: [Openerp-community] OpenERP : Timezone Glitch!!!
>

> At least for date fields, consensus was that system should record the date
> as seen by the user creating the record, using the new "context_today"
> method...
>

> http://openerp-expert-framework.71550.n3.nabble.com/Bug-925361-Re-6-1-date-values-that-are-initialized-as-defaults-may-appear-as-quot-off-by-one-day-quoe-td3741270.html
>

> That is, if someone on India creates an invoice on 1/10/2013 at 8am his
> time, someone in America (12 hours behind in time zone) will see in that
> moment the invoice as created in the future...  and that is good and
> expected...
>

> Problem is that most addons are still missing this fix.  You can check bug
> report   https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1073022
>

> This fixed problem for invoices, but only on trunk...  If someone with OPW
> could help to get it on release branches that would be great!!
>

> Regards,
>
> -Mario
>

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Serpent Consulting Services <
> serpentcs.lp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Community,
>
> I sometimes wonder whats going on with the timezone settings!
>
> Do you face that the timezone of user does never get considered? Its
> always the timezone of browser/client pc and UTC/GMT are considered.
>
> In that case, the attendance entries and reports show wrong entries! The
> entries done by an Indian user are always strange when seen by an African /
> European administrator.
>
> Did you ever come across such a situation? If yes,any solution in mind?
>
> I observed GTK looks good, but web hurts here!
>
> Expecting responses, Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
> Regards,
>
> Serpent Consulting Services.
> Web : http://www.serpentcs.com
> Twitter: jaynvora, husendaudi
> Skype: jaynvora, husen.daudi
> Blog : http://www.serpentcs.com/blog

Thanks,
Regards,

*Er. Jay Vora*
M : 91 - 9879354457.
(Not miles, just an email away...)
Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/jaynvora>
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/jaynvora>
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jaynvora>
Blogger<http://jayvora.blogspot.com>
"No Seconds to be Wasted for Formalities, I have a lot to Execute !" - Jay
Vora