Re: openerp 7 nightly build backward compat

Written from my android
On Mar 4, 2013 8:10 AM, "Hiren" <hiren@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks will have a look at the openerp-tools repo.
>
> Why would 7.0 stable branch introduce incompatibilities? It doesn't
> make sense. Most open source projects tag/branch a release and then only
> bug fixes get back ported into that, while features go into trunk, to
> become 7.0.1 a few weeks later, or whatever. Why do openerp do it this
> way?

Sorry you have a misundrestood.

No there are incompatibilities, theorically speaking this was what I said.

But... as always... you must update your db because some "fixes " are in
views -xml records- and you will need update them....

Some times a fix is regarding to correct spmething that you corrected
before in your own modules.

If you want to compare an erp with apache or any service dedicated to
administer computational pacjages fine.

But an ERP is dinamic, development over openerp is damn fast compared with
c or other platforms lenguages.

I know that -- other -- softwares do things in them ways.

> Debs is what all open source projects use for production (on debian
> and friends), again, why do openerp recommend version control? Debs are
> meant to make sys admin for upgrades etc easier. We're using the debs,
> and they work well, how has bzr saved your life in a way that the
> nightly debs couldn't?

well ....

Easy a quick question.

How do you know -- exactly what change between to revisions ??? To take the
consideration if the update is necesary or it isnt?? Functional
consideratipns to inform your users (we have +1000) what they must to
verify if one bug published where solved in the revision??

The list is big.... but it is matter of other history...

And just correcting....

Openerp doesnt recommend nothing... they give you n.b. and bzr yuou decide
who recommend something was me.

Regards.