From: Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2010/1/2
Subject: OpenERP: fiscal position selector and more...
To: Sharoon Thomas <sharoonthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Renato Lima <renato.lima@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
sebastien.beau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Sharoon,

I'm presenting here Renato Lima, my associate at Akretion. Tonight and
tomorrow, he his likely to work on something we were talking once: a fiscal
position module that will select a fiscal position given a partner + partner
contact as the input and provided a rule table similar to the delivery or
price rule systems. We need that for the Brazilian Localization, but we also
share your concern that this should be a generic module, such as base_vat.
For the Brazilian Localization specifically, we will also inherit the rule
object to be able to deal with partner fiscal specificities to determine the
right fiscal position, I guess other localization could do it too.
I've tossed Tiny for a localization list, but nothing so far; I'll
communicate about this on the accounting list + specific emails of the
localization guys.

If you guys want to share efforts or ideas on this, let me know, I'll keep
an eye on it.
I propose to name the module account_fiscal_position_rules, thoughts?

Also tomorrow, I'll work on an other module that's highly required for our
localization; I'll call it: product_fiscal_classification.
Basically it allows carrying a fiscal code you might need for some fiscal
report (it's up for debate if that field is local specific, translatable,
may be?).
A fiscal code objects has a o2m relations to several sale taxes and an other
o2m relation to several purchase taxes. When creating a product, if you
select a fiscal code, it will automagically pre-fill the sale and purchase
taxes based on that template (on_change event), but you could still change
them eventually.
In Brazil, we will need to add some 3 sale taxes by default for each
products and some will be annihilated by the select fiscal position (thanks
to the first module).
I think this might also be a larger requirement than only Brazil, in France,
I had customers bored to have to make sure the guys entering products should
enter the default VAT every time or code a check for it.
Thoughts?

All right, I'm unlikely to start working on that tonight, cause I'll do
other AppEngine stuff, but let me know if you have ideas, want to share
work. We need this quickly here, like monday.

Best regards

Raphaël