openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Fwd: openerp localization module

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2010/11/4
Subject: Re: openerp localization module
To: Nicolas Vanhoren <nicolas.vanhoren@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx>, renato lima <
renato.lima@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sebastien beau <sebastien.beau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Nicolas and all,

We have seen you merge on
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-brazil-team/openerp.pt-br-localiz/l10n_br_modularized
<https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-brazil-team/openerp.pt-br-localiz/l10n_br_modularized>So
basically you extracted the chart of account data from our l10n_br_account
module and put it into a new l10n_br module, to match your new "standard" I
guess.

We have no big problem with that, but would like to give some important
remarks:

1) Currently, the Brazilian tax definition (account.tax.template) you moved
in l10n_br, are actually lacking the "tax_discount" additional tax fields
(you can see them in l10n_br_account/account.py for the account.tax object).

Why did we not put that "tax_discount" field into the template?
Because in OpenERP v5, the generation of the account chart + tax from the
template was an hardcoded pig old style wizard we couldn't override to
properly propagate that field from account.tax.template to account.tax.
On recent v6, fortunately, we can finally do it, so we will add the field on
the tax template too and propagate it, overriding the nice osv.memory
wizard.
So when we will do it, we will need to had a python file in the l10n_br
module, adding those fields and overriding the chart creation wizard.
Is that OK for you (I see that the reference l10n_be module has Python too)
?

2) In your localization guidelines here
http://pad.openerp.com/6-test-accounting-localisation-guidelines , I think
the following assertion "the whole localization must be contained in one and
only one module" is wrong and misleading.
Seriously, take a look as some complex localization modules. I know that
OpenERP has been made for Belgium and then extended to countries with
similar accounting such as France, but if you look at Spain, Brazil or UK
localizations you understand that those localizations are a lot more complex
than just 10n_be.

Take the example of Brazil: when you do a delivery for instance, you should
have specific picking fields such as the code of operation (CFOP, see
Openbravo Brazilian localization bring it , possibly taken "
http://forge.openbravo.com/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=100&forumid=775787&topicid=7006503";
), fiscal category etc..., and you should propagate them to the invoice if
you invoice upon the delivery.

So, we ate Akretion, we are a consulting service company using OpenERP v6
and the Brazilian localization. Now suppose we follow that brilliant
guideline of making localization only one module: we, service company should
install the delivery module, just because eventually, if one company
installs the delivery module, they would need extensions to make it work in
Brazil?

I think this is wrong and that you should rather insist so
that localization teams build modular solutions such as we did in the
Brazilian localization, so please change that statement.
Instead, I think localization should never bring OpenERP modules you
wouldn't need for your business, else you just destroy all the benefit of
the great OpenERP modularity for 90% of the users (who would need
localizations, obviously not as trivial as the Belgium one).

3) Again, take the Brazilian localization, the very base of it is
l10n_br_base, because it will extend basic objects such as partners and
address, without requiring any extra dependency.
We have case, of people wanting to do CRM only, they might then install only
the CRM and l10n_br_base module then so far.
Instead, when you install l10n_br you already brings the account module...
So at some point, may be it would be better if the name of l10n_br would
explicit this is not the base but actually some chart of account only, hence
may be name l10n_br_chart.
I'm not sure this is generic, but eventually I suggest to name those
localization modules 10n_xx_chart instead of l10n_xx if chart is the only
thing you want in them.
Well this lats point is open for debate, in any case this is only a
terminology issue.

Thank for your time, we are on site today for consulting, but don't hesitate
to ask us if you have questions.

 Raphaël Valyi
Founder and ERP Consultant
+55 21 3010 9965