openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Re: [Openerp-community] Reviewing English strings (Re: OpenERP 7.0: Call for translators!)

I doubt the developers can improve that much on this issue, but what everybody can do is watch the merge proposed into the trunk, and politely demand good wording and mark them "fix needed"

As for the existing strings, making lots and lots of merge proposal will probably flood the core team. How about you (and/or a team) set up a dedicated branch where you would gather all the improvements ?
Then:
- you could make regular merge proposals back to the trunk
- you could periodically merge from the trunk and check the new/modified strings - others (like translators who need clearer context) could propose merges into your branch, and you'd get to accept or decline them.

Lionel.

Le 06/12/2012 12:16, Geoff Gardiner a écrit :
> All it takes right now is a volunteer to create a team and a mailing list,
> and recruit contributors.
> Who will take up the gauntlet?

Well, I can try but did so a few years ago and some wrong English quickly returned. What should be done about that?

All the best, Geoff