openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: Manufacturing improvements need feedback

Hi Ana,

Congrats with the work you and your team have done so far.
We tweet about it earlier, about that backflushing part but I feel you didn't get my point. Twitter isn't always sufficient to explain a concept.
Into the demo I couldn't see any link to backflush functionality.

Back-flushing in manufacturing is the automated consumption of materials (and hours) at completion time of the operation or manufacturing order without any interaction by the user. Now i see that the user has to report all materials used, (yes, I saw that the estimates can be used to fill the input-screen) but back-flushing is going further. User will not see the materials that are marked "back-flush" at operation completion, the system will book them automatically. This functionality can speed up the proces of reporting operation/order compleet. It is mostly used for high volume/low cost items. I could write more but some else did made a good explanation. I will link to that document here:
http://www.inventoryops.com/backflushing.htm
Met vriendelijke groet,

*Veritos - Open Source Business Solutions
Jan Verlaan CPIM*