openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

procurements and automatic purchase order stacking?

Hello production experts,

with the current OpenERP procurement system: different sale order lines will
have have their own move and their own procurement. It means that if you
have 0 stock and you by 2 PC1 in one order and then 3 PC1 in an other order
during the same day, you may have two draft purchase orders, even if the
supplier is the same, generating manual merging work for the purchase
manager.
For our large ecommerce customers this is not usable.
So we we made (Sebastien Beau) the "procurement_purchase_update" module
https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/+junk/procurement_purchase_update
It at least, when it's the same product, it now adds up to the the same
purchase order line when the purchase order is still in draft and if the MRP
scheduler triggers new procurements.

Now, when the product is different, the procurement for the purchase moves
need to be different. So currently it still generate different purchase
orders even if the supplier is the same.
I'm about to extend this module to offer an option to add to the same
purchase order, even if purchase procurements are different.

So the question is:
did somebody do something similar already? Where?
Do you see any problem with this reasoning? Are you interested in that?

Thank you very much.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant