openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: procurements and automatic purchase order stacking?

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Fabien Pinckaers <fp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why don't you use mts with minimum stock rule ? (eventually with min=max=0)

Fabien, that's exactly what we use. However, if you need several different
products from the same supplier it will not group the purchase order
automatically, this is the object of my mail here. Our customers typically
have 20+ orders per suppliers everyday, with 5+ different supplier, so
manually grouping is not an option for them.

Also, I had a bad experience with the purchase order merge in v5, it looks
like it's cleaner in v6, though not yet optimal as for instance the identity
key definition cannot be overridden to keep with custom fields. There were
also a bug with procurements in v6 which led us to create the mentioned
procurement_purchase_update procurement module. Fortunately it looks it has
been fixed now, so we might drop procurement_purchase_update as our new
automatic merge will be more generic.

So it looks like we will go for creating a scheduled action grouping the
draft purchase orders and trying to merge them (also possibly firing after
purchase order creation). It looks the simpler to do. I hope in 6.1 we can
however have a more modular grouping feature. If I had to use this new
module in Brazil for instance, I couldn't without a ugly non modular fat
override or without a patch, because each purchase order has some 3 extra
fiscal fields which should be checked before any merge. Fortunately French
and US customers here.

Thank you all for your participation, we will keep you updated about that
module. Possibly I do it tomorrow.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant