openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

AML/AVL

Hello everybody,

Sorry if I say something stupid, I am a newbie on Open ERP if not in ERP
in general.  I think Open ERP is great.

I installed OpenERP 6.0.3 with pretty much only stock modules.  I am
trying to implement Approved Manufacturer List and Approved Vendor List.
I am in the electronic industry.   As an example, Engineering may
approve two models of a 0603 1K 5% resistors.  Let say one is
manufactured by Panasonic and the other one manufactured by  Koa.  Now,
Purchasing may be use to deal with Digikey, Mouser, TTi as a
distributor.

The AVL can be simply been implemented by putting more than once the
same res.partner (aka distributor) in the suppliers list.

The manufacturer(s) can therefore be just be listed in the "Purchasing
information".

The only thing that itches me is that manufacturer are not listed in a
formal way.  So it won't be possible later to formalize the (AML)
approving process.  (or remove that approval!)

Is there a better way to do that?

(like a *or* operator in a BOM let say)

Best Regards

Richard

PS: I don't mind writing code.  I already made some simple addons for
fun.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Richard Prescott (https://launchpad.net/~rdprescott)