From: cutout33@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:43:21 +0300
To: akhayyat@xxxxxxxxx
CC: openerp-i18n-arabic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openerp-i18n-arabic] Is there a complete translation for the	web interface

Thanks it worked :) one more question though, the layout stays at LTR is there a way to fix this? or is it must be done manually by a designer...

thanks anyways :)

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Ahmad Khayyat <akhayyat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM, fadi al-katout <cutout33@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 am really interested in using the Arabic pack for open ERP but after installing open ERP and activating Arabic language I see most of the labels are not translated (this is for the latest version). can anyone guide me please on how to install the Arabic translation for the web interface?

The translation is not complete, but it's more complete than what you see when you enable the Arabic language.
To see all translations, manual steps are needed. This is a bug.

Here are the steps needed for the time being:Install the Arabic translation:Settings > Translations > Load an Official TranslationSelect Arabic
Click LoadExport the Arabic translation:Settings > Translations > Import/Export > Export TranslationLanguage: Arabic, File Format: PO File
Click Export (This step may take a while to complete)Click Save asClick CloseImport the exported translation as a new language:Settings > Translations > Import/Export > Import Translation

Language Name: My Arabic (or any name of your choosing - I haven't tried using the same old name. That should work if the "Overwrite Existing Terms" is selected, but not tested)Code: use a complete language and country code, e.g. ar_SA, ar_EG, ... etc.

File: select the file you just exported and savedClick ImportSwitch to the new language. You may need to log out and back in.I think the reason the official translation does not work well is that the code is set to ar_AR, which is not a recognized code.

--

Regards

Fadi al-katout

http://dudesblog.net