openerp-wms-expert team mailing list archive

Stock Valuation and Product Template

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the WMS Experts list but not OpenERP.  Partner in US since 2009
and won Partner of the America's in 2012.

Question to see if anyone has run into this issue before.  NovaPoint Group
has a client who migrated from version 5 to version 6 awhile back.  They
used the Product Template object to create their products in v5 and when
they migrated to v6 used the template as well.

They realized about 1 or 2 months ago that the functionality/code varied
from v5 to v6 in that when using the template the configuration of the
product in v6 would automatically make any new product's stock valuation
set to periodical, thus not creating stock entries.  In v5 this activity
did not happen and all new products were created as real-time.  We found
the code in the base product module that will set all new products to
periodical and the user would then have to manually adjust to make them
real-time.

Unfortunately we didn't know it nor did the client and now the stock
valuation of their goods is all messed up.  Has anyone run into this
issue?  If so, how did you resolve it for the client?

--
D.P. Hicks
President

Follow ups