openjdk team mailing list archive

Re: OpenJDK 8u242 GA?

On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 03:57:11PM +0100, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2020, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>
> > What I don’t understand is why the new version isn’t uploaded
>
> It’s been over three weeks since the release, what (besides
> GCC breaking everything) gives?

Hi Thorsten,

I spoke with Matthias about 8u242 last weekend (thanks for your email
on January 28th as a reminder).  I am in process of building the 8u242
source package uploaded to Debian unstable against stretch for a
stretch-security upload.  I should be able to complete the builds and
smoke-tests by the end of the week and will upload once I get the
go-ahead from the Security Team.

Cheers,
tony