Re: [Merge] lp:~crichter/openlp/i18n into lp:openlp

I've been trying to avoid i18n stuff, since the brief few years I did study foreign languages, I never did understand the concept of giving inanimate objects genders :)
So apologies if I'm revisiting old ground...

I see the line:
unicode(translate('OpenLP.MediaManagerItem', 'Import a %s')) % self.pluginNameVisible, ...

Now I can understand the concept that in another language self.pluginNameVisible might need to be several different words depending on the context it is used in.

Would another solution be:
unicode(translate('OpenLP.MediaManagerItem', 'Import a %s' % self.pluginNameVisible)), ...
?

Then translate would be looking up "Import a song" "Import a bible" etc, instead of "Import a %s"?

Note I'm not saying this is the correct solution, I don't know enough about translating. I'm just asking if this could get around the problem of moving stuff to the plugin that the plugin may not necessarily need to know.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~crichter/openlp/i18n/+merge/34593