Re: [Merge] lp:~crichter/openlp/media into lp:openlp

I cannot play a media file containing umlauts in the file path using the vlc back end. I don't know how you are going to manage this because the problem seems to be in vlc.py:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/andreas/Projekte/openlp/tmp/openlp/plugins/media/lib/mediacontroller.py", line 178, in video
    .load(display, videoPath, volume)
  File "/home/andreas/Projekte/openlp/tmp/openlp/plugins/media/lib/vlccontroller.py", line 128, in load
    display.vlcMedia = display.vlcInstance.media_new_path(unicode(path))
  File "/home/andreas/Projekte/openlp/tmp/openlp/plugins/media/lib/vlc.py", line 990, in media_new_path
    return libvlc_media_new_path(self, path)
  File "/home/andreas/Projekte/openlp/tmp/openlp/plugins/media/lib/vlc.py", line 3074, in libvlc_media_new_path
    return f(p_instance, path)
ArgumentError: argument 2: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xc4' in position 5: ordinal not in range(128)

By the way, you know that we have feature freeze soon, which means there won't be many changed. That might give you the time you need to complete everything.

(Also I noticed, that there is a new vlc.py version online.)

Cheers
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~crichter/openlp/media/+merge/62033