Re: [Merge] lp:~tomasgroth/openlp/remote-sync into lp:openlp

> I like the idea very much. I'm currently working on a side project to
> implement a server with a database to view and eventually also sync songs. So
> I will like to consume what you are doing here :-)
I hope you will - after all I've based this on your old branch :)

> - Could you add comments to the Synchronizer(Interface) documenting what the
> methods should do?
Will do.

> - There should be a method to get remote changes(uuids prob) which probably
> takes a datetime object.
Actually there is - it is called check_for_remote_changes

> Things that I would like to see:
> - Use something other than xml (personal dislike). maybe json?
The OpenLyrics XML format is the only export format OpenLP supports, and it supports the needed information, so in this case it is just a great match IMO.

> - Allow multiple remotes to exist, possibly only taking care of specific
> object types (One remote for songs, other for images, ...) That would allow
> remotes to not have to support everything.
I like the idea and it makes great sense, but it also makes things more complicated, so I'll have to think about how to actually implement it.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~tomasgroth/openlp/remote-sync/+merge/336573
Your team OpenLP Core is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~tomasgroth/openlp/remote-sync into lp:openlp.