openlp-dev team mailing list archive

Proposal for merging my work in trunk

Hello,

Since two years ago, I develop a new web application for OpenLP which let users manage services at home in the branch ~mbernis/openlp/trunk_remote_app_enhancement I also added some functionality. Now, my version of OpenLP works fine and I think it's time to start merging all of this code. Even if HTML and JavaScript code is new, I've done core modification to let functionality accessible remotely.
So what you think about this order :

1. Let users write chords in song like ChordPro format. These chords
   will only be displayable in the remote app for musicians. (only 2
   line in serviceitem.py)
2. Add a motion background type for theme. This let using .mp4 loop
   file as background. (this isn't a requirement for remote app)
3. Add an API version argument in some core function that are calling
   remotely. With that, we don't need to synchronize delivering of
   remotes client (iOS, Android, html) with OpenLP server app.
4. Add event exposition for a lot of service management functions to be
   use by remote app.
5. Add remote capabilities for mediaitems (images, presentations,
   movies). I plug a cloud with my server so that we can push media
   files from home in the cloud, click in remote app and having them in
   OpenLP media library.
6. Add all new remote app codes. I'll describe all functionality later ...
7. Some little optimization like caching thumbnail.

For each item, I will create a branch, commit source's modifications, and propose a merge with more details. I don't have enough time to do this, but I'll try ...

MBernis.

Follow ups