Re: Packagin Update

The openshot package seems to be correct although not yet complete - I
have to write the man-page and tidy a few bits up.

I'm now working on getting openshot to actually start.

I've had to refactor all the path-specific code and so far that is
looking good.

Right now openshot gets to the point of drawing the initial GUI window
(just the main window border with no panes so far).

Something is causing a SEGFAULT at this point which kills Python.

I'm using the Python debugger to trace to the point that is causing it.
I think it is in the project code related to the Westley.xml file and
its location (I've refactored that to use the ~/.opneshot/ directory
since it has to be writeable).

However, when running the debugger I noticed that some key global
variables in the openshot module that contains the main() entry point
are not being evaluated.

This a pretty major problem since the values not being evaluated are the
paths to the key parts of the installation:

BASE_DIR = os.path.dirname(os.path.dirname(__file__))
GLADE_DIR = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, "openshot", "windows", "glade")
IMAGE_DIR = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, "images")
PROFILES_DIR = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, "profiles")
PROJECT_DIR = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, "projects")
TRANSITIONS_DIR = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, "transitions")

When openshot starts without the debugger it reports:

--------------------------------
   OpenShot (version 0.9.24)
   base = /usr/share/openshot

But with the debugger (python -m pdb launcher) it's:

   OpenShot (version 0.9.24)
   base =

You notice 'base' (BASE_DIR) is empty?

I have to figure this out before I can use the debugger to track down
the real issues.