Re: New bazaar development branch published

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 23:15 -0500, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> You are on a roll.  r200!   Are you about done integrating all of your
> changes into OpenShot?

As far as I can tell, yes.

There's a package in my PPA based on r200 (0.9.24-0ubuntu1~tj~ppa4j) for
Jaunty that you could test in a VM to be sure it isn't interacting with
non-packaged components (it should install the libraries including
python-mlt as dependencies).

If you merge my branch there's one final thing to do as the first commit
after the merge.

Edit openshot/classes/info.py and increment VERSION to the correct value
(I kept it at 0.9.24 so far) and update DATE too. These settings become
the one location all static constants need to be defined and can then be
imported where-ever they're needed.

I'll then update the debian/ branch so the packaging reflects the new
version.

>From there the project can start publishing its own packages.

I'll get started on preparing the PPA.

The Karmic PPA build is failing at the moment since the Karmic archive
dependency versions are inconsistent causing the PPA build-depends to
get confused.
I'm going to see if I can fix that simply by altering the build-depend
version declarations in debian/control - if not, just have to wait for
the Karmic alpha 5 archive freeze in force for Thursday to end so the
archive can settle.